This is the online version of the SMM Newsletter. It is a selection of the most popular posts written by Barry Welford (online name BWelford) during the past two months.
We apologize for the long delay since you saw the last version but as you can see I am now being invited to write for more blogs. We hope you will find this round-up instructive and in some cases amusing. You can receive an e-mail version of this if you prefer. In that case, please subscribe at the top of the right sidebar.
- Twitter, The Blog Killer – 01/29/2009 SGL
- The wide popularity of Twitter is making blogging more difficult as Mark Evans states. However more people now use mobile devices.
- How Well Do You Use Your Twittersphere? – 01/28/2009 SSc
- Twitter can be an irritating noisy diversion or a process for dialoguing with your friends: effective use requires some interface such as Tweetdeck to derive maximum benefit.
- UK Ministry Of Silly Walks– 01/23/2009 SMm
- Monty Python on its YouTube channel offers free viewing of all its videos in the hope that you will then buy the DVDs from Amazon.
- A Fluid Google Favicon – 01/20/2009 BPW
- Google has adopted a somewhat fuzzy, fluid favicon reflecting the view that brands should be in constant evolution. A sharp favicon seems better.
- Top 100 Lists Are Over The Top – 01/14/2009 DIR
- Top 100 lists are like society columns with only fleeting recognition for those listed. They may have some small value in creating back links.
- How Will Search Change In 2009? – 01/09/2009 DIR
- 2009 will probably be the year in which Mobile Search becomes more important than regular search so one needs a mobile-friendly websites.
- Make That Elevator Speech A Twitter Intro – 01/06/2009 TOBB
- Elevator speeches seem somewhat archaic in this online world. A Twitter Intro in 140 characters and spaces seems much more appropriate.
- All About Money – 2008/12/28 SMm
- Money is of interest to all and there are many descriptions and celebrations of its characteristics and the feeling of well being it brings.
- Mobile Search – The pro and cons of developing a mobile version of your website – 12/26/2008 DIR
- The Mobile Web is now bigger than the PC Internet Web and having a mobile version of a website is rapidly becoming a priority.
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? – 12/26/2008 SMm
- Eartha Kitt died at 81. Any of her adoring fans would have been delighted to be the millionaire that this old-fashioned girl was looking for.
- Put Your Right Footer In – 12/15/2008 DIR
- Fact-filled footers with many links can provide more navigation help to the enthusiastic website visitor and may make websites more sticky.
- Visitors Bounce – 12/09/2008 BPW
- The bounce rate for visitor traffic is a good measure of the relevance of a web page. Sticky websites will likely get higher Google rankings.
- SearchWiki or Search Sticky – 12/03/2008 BPW
- Basing search on searchers votes seems much less reliable than basing this on how they act. Sticky-SEO describes the future of search.
If you would like the occasional search-engine visible blog post added to your blog, why not contact us.
Footnote: If you are looking for more information on how to run your business more effectively, why not check out these Top Selling Business Books from Amazon. This is an affiliate link but if you do buy a book the small commission does help to underwrite a small part of the cost of providing these newsletters and blog posts.