The blogs in which the posts appeared are indicated by the following abbreviations after the date: BPW = BPWrap; TOBB = The Other Bloke’s Blog; SGL = StayGoLinks; SS = SEO-Scoop, a Search Engine People blog
- The Internet is Twitter – 11/29/2008 BPW
- Social media such as Twitter typify the massive communication potential of the Internet. Although it is chaotic, perhaps surveys can provide order.
- Reputation Management and Social Media – 11/29/2008 SGL
- Reputation management was possible although sometimes unethical before social media. Now companies must be an active part of the dialogue.
- Traditional British Pubs Face Death – 11/28/2008 TOBB
- British Pubs are closing as visitors no longer wish to pay the increasing taxes on beer. The new generation may wish to spend more time online.
- Standing Out In Social Media – Miss Manners or Mis-Behavior – 11/25/2008 SS
- Following the rules of netiquette may mean you are invisible in social media. Surprise marketing may be more ‘in your face’.
- Benefit of Clouds in Africa – 11/23/2008 BPW
- Cloud computing accessed via cell phones or iphones brings powerful computing to many hands and can open up the way crises are reported.
- Tom Clancys Endwar Voice Commands – 11/23/2008 SGL
- Tom Clancy’s Endwar from Ubisoft uses voice technology. It works reasonably well in handling problem accents but limits functionality.
- Abu Dhabi Brand Faith News Flash – 11/19/2008 SGL
- News flashes should not be on Flash websites since they lose Google visibility. The website needs a RSS news feed for best effectiveness.
- Happy 150th Birthday, British Columbia – 11/19/2008 TOBB
- British Columbia is 150 years old on November 19, 2008 and some fine companies have grown and prospered. The 2010 Olympics offers a bright future.
- Voices mumble, fingers fumble – 11/19/2008 SGL
- As cell phones get smaller, speech technology will be capable of given very user-friendly ways of using them, particularly for seniors.
- Five Seconds In The Blink Of An Eye – 11/18/2008 TOBB
- Malcolm Gladwell suggested a viewer makes up his mind about a web page in the blink of an eye. The five seconds test checks out web pages.
BWelford’s 6 Top Picks From The 2008 Business Best Sellers
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder
- A Sense of Urgency by John P. Kotter
- The Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures by Dan Roam
- Reality Check: The Irreverent Guide to Outsmarting, Outmanaging, and Outmarketing Your Competition by Guy Kawasaki
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery (Voices That Matter) by Garr Reynolds