This is the online version of the new-style SMM Newsletter, which you can receive by e-mail by subscribing in the box at the top right. It is a selection of the most popular posts in the three SMM blogs. This also includes links to the Marketing Right Now article series we are writing on the Cre8tive Flow blog for Cre8asite Forums. We hope you will find them instructive and in some cases amusing. Please add your comments below if you have suggestions on how this can be improved.
- Wow: that’s really exponential – 10/24/2008
Buzzing an article to 5 friends creates many more readers that just sharing with two friends.
- To Business Plan or Not To Business Plan – 10/22/2008
Can Twitter survive even if Britney Spears is now tweating?
- Square Bracket That Company Name – Not – 10/17/2008
Company names should not contain obscure punctuation marks.
- A World Without Google – 10/15/2008
Do not rely too much on Google. Complement that with other Internet marketing efforts.
The Other Bloke’s Blog
- Take The Google Challenge – 10/28/2008
Having a high percentage of Google visitors may be hazardous to your long term success.
- Joe – 10/18/2008
With many political Joes, it’s good to remember that Canadian Joe.
- There Is No Space In Brand – 10/09/2008
Company names with spaces may not perform well on the Internet.
- Watching The Clouds – 10/03/2008
Cloud computing or SaaS (Software as a service) is the next big battleground.
- Bigger Ads For Bigger Screens – 10/22/2008
With few people with 800×600 screens, now is the time to use that screen real estate well.
- The Big Footer League – 10/06/2008
Fact-filled footers that hold the information ‘below the fold’ for those interested in scrolling down are a better use of screen real-estate.
- Your Call Is Important To Us – Really? – 10/03/2008
Time is important to the customer since they are not in control of what is happening.
Articles on the Cre8tive Flow Blog for Cre8asite Forums
This weekly 8-part series of articles on Marketing Right Now (MRN) started in September and the final two will be available in November.
- MRN – SEM (Search Engine Marketing) – October 28, 2008
- MRN – The Blog – October 21, 2008
- MRN – First Things First – The Plan – October 14, 2008
- MRN – The Customer Is The Boss – October 6, 2008